DECATUR, TX SHOW

We have never shown chickens before. We are just getting into it. I would love to find someone with show silkies for sale. Anything you can tell me is a help!! We have shown rabbits for about 6 years or so.
frow.gif

The sad news is there is technically no birds for sale at the show because of the state law. There will be people there showing silkies and may have some of the ones in the show for sale. Never the less you can talk to them and see about getting some of their stock.
Now is the best time to buy birds because every ones stock is maturing and they will have this years hatch for sale.

The best way to learn about showing poultry is to go to a show and just observe. Coop in is Saturday till 9am. That's is when the judging starts. The best time to see things and talk to people is 9-12. Before 9 we are cooping in and cleaning up our birds. We will be there till around 3 or 4 depending on how long the judging takes. I predict 500- 600 birds, but there could be more.
There will be a raffle/auction of poultry stuff - I figure this will be about 1-2pm.
Remember to stay out of the isles while the judging is going on.

Bob

I can't wait. This will be our first poultry show. We will be observing. My son, who is in the 1st grade, might be interested in showing poultry for 4H or something like that, so I think we will all learn something. Hope to see you all there.

We will be there to observe also. Were not quite ready to show. My daughter is wanting to show in 4-H. She is in 6th grade and we have been into showing rabbits since my older daughter was in 4th grade so its been 6 years. We are excited to see how the chicken shows work!! Hope to meet some of you there!!
yippiechickie.gif

I just mailed off my show entry form, and I am SOOOOO excited! I'll be showing my Silkies with some other Silkie breeders, so y'all all be sure to stop in and SAY HI! I would LOVE to meet everyone and know who is around our area!!!

Denece&Lacey :

I just wanted to tell you all good luck tomorrow. I will be there to watch!!! And I hope to meet some of you.
yippiechickie.gif

WOOWHOOOOO!!!! Thanks! I've been bathing and grooming for two days now! I can't wait! I am SOOOOOO excited!

Be sure and introduce yourself! I will be wearing my khaki shirt that has my logo on it, so if you see me, stop in and say hi! I will be with all the other Silkie folks.​

Back
Top Bottom