December 2022 hatch-a-long

Pics
13x.PNG

Above are the eggs again. Shipped eggs. The pink circled was not fertile. So I only started out with 14. The blue x started but quit. The Red checks, and the number is the order of hatched. 11/14 is 78.57%

I have hatched:
3 Ayam cemani
2 mosaics
2 blue isbars
2 Marans
1 cream legbar
1Golden deathlayer

ff11a.PNG

My Crested legbar, I think he is a little rooster. (Rudolf) he was born last. He was in his egg when I went to bed last night. I thought I would have to help him out of his egg. He was out when I woke up. I don't like to help. Chicks are stronger if they kick the egg off themselves. (Like a turtle is stronger if it crawls down the beach it's self, rather than some one pick up the chick and carry it to the ocean. I also painted his nose black so it would not get pecked. See the red spot. The other chicks would tease him if i left it red.

Below is one of the last chicks to hatch, Ayam cemani
ff1d.PNG

Below is a Blue Isbar, (they come in black as well.) This is one of those "chirp-y" chicks.
I am going to call him, "Porknoy" There was a pig in Dogpatch named "Porknoy the complainer." I have been giving him sips of yolk. If chicks complain a lot, they may have something to complain about, but they also may not eat as much from complaining so much.
ff11b.PNG

Below is a birchen Maran, This one has the best personality so far. He was also the first to hatch. I can tell him apart from his feathered legs.
ff11c.PNG

Golden Deathlayer below
ff11e.PNG

Below Mosaic
ff11f.PNG

Below is another AC the gray look will fade and black fuz will come.
ff11g.PNG

Below is another mosaic I love the mohawk, maybe Mozley
ff11h.PNG

Below Blue Isbar, her name will be "Frosty"
ff11i.PNG

AC below
ff11j.PNG

Below is a BCM

ff11k.PNG

One last group shot. I think I am going to name them after the reighdeer, with a few more names tossed in.
ff11n.PNG

You can see the blur of the escaping chick.

Last edited:
View attachment 3345343

My Crested legbar, I think he is a little rooster. (Rudolf) he was born last. He was in his egg when I went to bed last night. I thought I would have to help him out of his egg. He was out when I woke up. I don't like to help. Chicks are stronger if they kick the egg off themselves. (Like a turtle is stronger if it crawls down the beach it's self, rather than some one pick up the chick and carry it to the ocean. I also painted his nose black so it would not get pecked. See the red spot. The other chicks would tease him if i left it red.

Below is one of the last chicks to hatch, Ayam cemani
View attachment 3345349
Below is a Blue Isbar, (they come in black as well.) This is one of those "chirp-y" chicks.
I am going to call him, "Porknoy" There was a pig in Dogpatch named "Porknoy the complainer." I have been giving him sips of yolk. If chicks complain a lot, they may have something to complain about, but they also may not eat as much from complaining so much.
View attachment 3345350
Below is a birchen Maran, This one has the best personality so far. He was also the first to hatch. I can tell him apart from his feathered legs.
View attachment 3345351
Golden Deathlayer below
View attachment 3345352
Below Mosaic
View attachment 3345354
Below is another AC the gray look will fade and black fuz will come.
View attachment 3345356
Below is another mosaic I love the mohawk, maybe Mozley
View attachment 3345359
Below Blue Isbar, her name will be "Frosty"
View attachment 3345362
AC below
View attachment 3345363
Below is a BCM

View attachment 3345364
One last group shot. I think I am going to name them after the reighdeer, with a few more names tossed in.
View attachment 3345365
You can see the blur of the escaping chick.
Eeeeeeeee, lil cuties!!!!

Back
Top Bottom