DECEMBER Hatch-A-Long!😊

I removed all the eggs not developing yesterday a total of 6 but I still have close to 20 something eggs in the incubator. So far they look great! James and I had fun candling them all. It’s such a thrill to see them! James says they’re cute before they even hatch.
On another note: I hope my broody hen is doing as well. The temps outside have dropped a bit shes stayed on the nest but I’ve noticed a few eggs have rolled out from under her at least for a bit. She does go after them but with it being cooler out I’m not sure it’s quick enough. I so want to candle them, but I don’t want to upset her.

I removed all the eggs not developing yesterday a total of 6 but I still have close to 20 something eggs in the incubator. So far they look great! James and I had fun candling them all. It’s such a thrill to see them! James says they’re cute before they even hatch.
On another note: I hope my broody hen is doing as well. The temps outside have dropped a bit shes stayed on the nest but I’ve noticed a few eggs have rolled out from under her at least for a bit. She does go after them but with it being cooler out I’m not sure it’s quick enough. I so want to candle them, but I don’t want to upset her.
at night is the best time to candle broody eggs....

Thank you, because her eggs coincide with with my hatch would it be a problem to rinse and move them eggs into the incubator?
Not sure if I can help, but I have read others have done so when they have had problems with a broody. I would suggest posting this question in it's own thread, to get more responses from experienced broody keepers! 😊

I read on some other threads that people have removed eggs and put them into the incubator. So I went ahead and did so today. She had about a dozen eggs under her. The problem is one; I don’t have a safe enough enclosure to keep her and the chicks in yet (separate from the rest of the flock) and two, The eggs that were developing were getting left out in the cold.

it’s kind of funny I removed 6 none fertile eggs from the incubator yesterday and today I’ve replace exactly 6. Two of the eggs that were maturing under the hen were pretty cold so who knows if they will mature or not but I guess we shall see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 2
I read on some other threads that people have removed eggs and put them into the incubator. So I went ahead and did so today. She had about a dozen eggs under her. The problem is one; I don’t have a safe enough enclosure to keep her and the chicks in yet (separate from the rest of the flock) and two, The eggs that were developing were getting left out in the cold.

it’s kind of funny I removed 6 none fertile eggs from the incubator yesterday and today I’ve replace exactly 6. Two of the eggs that were maturing under the hen were pretty cold so who knows if they will mature or not but I guess we shall see.
So exciting! Hopefully they will continue to develop. 😊

Back
Top Bottom