December Hatch-A-Long 2014

so woke up this morning to find my incubator much cooler than it should have been! stuck a heater in the room to get it nice and warm and gonna change out the bulb to a higher one..hopefully I can do it fast and that will fix it

so woke up this morning to find my incubator much cooler than it should have been! stuck a heater in the room to get it nice and warm and gonna change out the bulb to a higher one..hopefully I can do it fast and that will fix it

Good luck with getting your temps back. I hope your little eggs are ok. What day are you on?

I just set them yesterday so they should be fine. my other incubator is holding nice temp so I think I will put them in a basket and set them in the other incubator while I am waiting for the temps to come back up once I change the bulb

Mine shipped Thursday and got to me on Monday. She wrapped well and all were in good shape! I think our birds will be bro/sis ! LOL I set mine yesterday tho. so I am a little ahead of you timewise.
did you get you're eggs from emvickery? thats what I have in my bator now! she did a great job wrapping them. shipped them tuesday and I got them thursday

did you get you're eggs from emvickery? thats what I have in my bator now! she did a great job wrapping them. shipped them tuesday and I got them thursday

Yes, I did, 21. That's what is in my bator now. I bought two of her auctions. It must have taken her all day to wrap mine...she really did take her time to make sure those eggs made it to me safe..1,000+ miles of travel. I only had 3 with detatched cells and the air cells looked great! I am really looking forward to these hatching out well. My last eggs were from MPC and they were all detatched air cells, one crack, the air cells seemed low like they were old or something and only one hatched out assisted...Out of 17/5 made it to lockdown.

Yes, I did, 21. That's what is in my bator now. I bought two of her auctions. It must have taken her all day to wrap mine...she really did take her time to make sure those eggs made it to me safe..1,000+ miles of travel. I only had 3 with detatched cells and the air cells looked great! I am really looking forward to these hatching out well. My last eggs were from MPC and they were all detatched air cells, one crack, the air cells seemed low like they were old or something and only one hatched out assisted...Out of 17/5 made it to lockdown.
oh wow. I have 13 from her...accidently on purpose won an auction lol. 6 splash silkies and 7 from the sizzle pen. when I candled them before setting them they looked great. couldn't even see air cells so they must have been fresh. and no cracks at all

I have not been a fan of the Post Office lately, at all. There is no question in my mind why they operate at a negative deficit. All my stuff is late...by days too. Well, I will be praying that you get those today and they are not all scrambled!!!!
Yes I am getting eggs from emvickrey also....Mine will probably be frozen by the time they get to me. 16 degrees here this morning!

Last edited:
Yes I am getting eggs from emvickrey also....Mine will probably be frozen by the time they get to me. 16 degrees here this morning!

WE are very cold here too!!! In the teens. At least I missed Buffalo's 100 inches of snow in a week. I feel aweful for the farmers out there! I hope they are not frozen either....I know mine are coming today do not have a heater pack in them....the seller didn't believe in heater packs in the eggs...crossing my fingers for us!!!!!!!!

mine were sent tuesday when it was in the teens, wednesday was in the teens then thursday was in the 30s. and the eggs were still slight warm (didn't feel cold to my hands) cause of the heat pack. which was also still warm. so they probably won't be frozen :)

Mine were shipped on Saturday, didn't leave TN until Tuesday. Reached Michigan yesterday morning and should be delivered in another hour or two! Hope the heat pack kept them from getting too cold!

So much for 2 Day Priority Service!

Back
Top Bottom