December Hatch-A-Long!

chonsey

Crowing
6 Years
Oct 17, 2015
État du grand lac
I have received a dozen La Bresse and four Barbezieux eggs (stabilizing from being shipped) and a new R-com incubator (replacement unit should be here tomorrow!). The liquid crystal display must have gotten damaged from transit, so disappointed. Thankfully - they are replacing the unit ASAP! Putting the eggs temporarily in my Farm Innovator Incubator until I can verify the R-com is running smoothly when it gets here!

Good luck, I assume this isn't your first time incubating.

I'm two days from lockdown myself on my second go. First was a total disaster

Last edited:
Quote:
I have received a dozen La Bresse and four Barbezieux eggs (stabilizing from being shipped) and a new R-com incubator (replacement unit should be here tomorrow!). The liquid crystal display must have gotten damaged from transit, so disappointed. Thankfully - they are replacing the unit ASAP! Putting the eggs temporarily in my Farm Innovator Incubator until I can verify the R-com is running smoothly when it gets here!
Oh no! That's incredibly unfortunate. I hope your R-com gets here super quick!
fl.gif

Good luck, I assume this isn't your first time incubating.

I'm two days from lockdown myself on my second go. First was a total disaster

Well, here's hoping your second hatch goes well! You don't have a long time to wait...hatching's right around the corner.
jumpy.gif

I can't wait to hear about your updates!!
woot.gif

celebrate.gif
I'm washing my incubator out tomorrow and plan on getting some eggs in it from my girls asap. I've been trying to talk myself out of doing it...but I give up!
celebrate.gif

I'm totally addicted.
love.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

R-Com has arrived at home, still at work. Will be setting it up as soon as I get home
1f31e.png
That's fantastic! And very quick.
yesss.gif

You're officially ahead of me...I did not get to my incubator today. But it's the first thing on my list when I get back tomorrow. I brought my eggs in to acclimatize tonight. BUT I just realized that I'm also doing the New Years hatch-a-long too.
barnie.gif
I better figure this out and put some back in the cool temps of the porch.
th.gif

Bought a farm innovator incubator a couple of months ago. Decided to try and hatch out some eggs. Haven't turned it off, we are having such a mild fall here in Michigan.

Bought a farm innovator incubator a couple of months ago. Decided to try and hatch out some eggs. Haven't turned it off, we are having such a mild fall here in Michigan.

Is this the new 4250 model? I'm thinking of asking DH for one for xmas, all tho the reviews say the temp jumps around?

Last edited:
Chonsey, how is the R-com?

Omg...today did not go as planned! (But when does it ever?)
gig.gif

Incubator has been washed, and is now heating up.
woot.gif
I've collected 4 thermometers to see which ones make the cut! I had planned to order "sensitive" thermometers and hygrometers from incubator warehouse.
barnie.gif
I had also planned to order a plug and play digital electronic thermostat with remote sensor (SO nice!!!) for this spring's hatch
droolin.gif
but there's no time! (Mine's a DIY styrobator.) Gonna wing it like before.
woot.gif

What is it they say? Life's a journey..not a destination.
gig.gif

Ok...added the eggs, 18, around 3am this morning.
th.gif

I don't think the tiny, little eggs from the OEGB pullet will hatch but I won't know if I don't at least try. Tested my bulb thermometers this morning (I had ice in the pail to work with) I'm doing it backwards, but better late than never. Test says they're out by 2 degrees so I increased my temps. 5 thermometers and not two the same!
gig.gif
Worst case scenario I'll cook them (if I'm wrong) Best case...I'll have an awesome hatch!
woot.gif
fl.gif

Chonsey, how is it going there?

Back
Top Bottom