December hatch-along?

Pics
Tonight is lock down. and only 5 made it out of 11. And one of those is iffy. And now they have to make the final 3 days.

I really did not expect much as the post office shipped these to my post office on Saturday, they are closed. Then they went back to the hub and was reshipped to my post office on Sunday, once again they were closed and then shipped from the hub back out on Monday. Which is when I went and got them.

wow thats messed up for the posting:barnie
I brought shipped eggs and the company only ships out on monday & tuesday and only does it express post, that way your eggs dont get scrambled.
This is my second batch with shipped eggs, due 27 Dec.
My first batch hatched 10/10, but i had to stand the eggs up in egg cups due to displaced aircells and left them that way for hatching too, although i did place 1 on its side for hatch but it died 12hrs after hatch.
GoodLuck with your hatch, hopefully the 5 make it :fl

All the eggs have arrived! :ya And oh my, this is gonna be one BIG batch! All the eggs were whole, and the sussex-guy sent an additional 10 eggs. 20 faverolles, 30 sussex, 3 marans and 9 araucana. Grand total of 62 eggs! :th
Expect quite a few of them to be duds though, as they were very cold to the touch when I unpacked them.

DSC_0004_mod.jpg

:oops::oops::oops::oops:Question: I am on day 10 in the incubator. I just got 2 hygrometers and I need to know what the humidity should be at this stage.

15 out of 17 are still baking away. In some of the Marans eggs I can see quick movements when I candle. I suspect that the embryos don’t care the such bright lights and I don’t blame them. If all 15 hatch....
:oops::oops::oops:

:oops::oops::oops::oops:Question: I am on day 10 in the incubator. I just got 2 hygrometers and I need to know what the humidity should be at this stage.

15 out of 17 are still baking away. In some of the Marans eggs I can see quick movements when I candle. I suspect that the embryos don’t care the such bright lights and I don’t blame them. If all 15 hatch....
:oops::oops::oops:

what i understand is humidity is not that important until day 18 and hatching. my bator is fully auto and humidity sits at around 45. but when its lockdown my bator sits around 65 and as they start to hatch it goes up to 75
woow 15 :wee:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:wee

Some folks in humid places report being able to just put eggs in and go dry till hatch time. I live in DRY Colorado if I try that here the eggs loose so much moisture so fast the embryos dry out and die. I can almost get away with that theory on Dark eggs but my incubator works better at 25-30% humidity and silkie or small white eggs need closer to 50% humidity for the first 18 days here. Best advice I ever saw was to keep an eye on the air cell and adjust the humidity so that the air cell grows like it should
375.gif
full disclosure this is not my pic but one I found with google

Back
Top Bottom