Decorative grass (Carl Forester, I think the name is) safe to go in pheasant and coturnix coop?

I forgot to mention i built one of my pens around the stump of a elm tree that had virginia creeper growing on it. The creeper has grown over the entire top of the pen so it's completely shaded. The birds seem to like the shade. Virginia creeper berries are supposedly toxic but i typically move birds to their winter quarters before they ripen. Haven't had any problems.

I'm sure you experienced pheasant keepers know this, but the other day I read that putting a grass in the corner of the pen keeps the cocks from breaking their tails when they pace.

Off topic, but is this the right time for my pheasant to molt? And will he grow and keep a long tale in his 10' long by 6' wide pen?

Lantana
20220713_153846.jpg
20220713_153835.jpg
Purple Fountain Grass
20220713_153823.jpg
Chameleon Little Bluestem Grass
20220713_153841.jpg

@007Sean , are you sure that's Lantana in your pen? Now that I look closely it looks a little different. You see it in-person, so you know best. I'm just paranoid about anything that involves my birds.

The Crepe Myrtle is gorgeous as well! It does look big though, much too large for my little pen. If only I had one of the giant glass aviaries with the raised walkway, and trees, and a stream and...
That post where I mentioned the Crepe Myrtles, was after the BIG FREEZE we had 2 years ago! They were really full of blooms...I don't have any in my pens.

@007Sean , are you sure that's Lantana in your pen? Now that I look closely it looks a little different. You see it in-person, so you know best. I'm just paranoid about anything that involves my birds.
Yes, it is wild Lantana. It was about 4ft. high and just about that wide at one time. They have really done a number on it too! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom