Decrowing Roosters.

Decrowing Roosters, Positive or Negative??

• Positive

Votes: 239 61.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 153 39.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I would do it to save my Vegeeta. Was even looking at collars. Dogs and male house sparrows are worse,but we all know the laws are just against our fellas. I prefer to move,but would consider decrowing if the stew was the only alternative. I hate having to kill an animal just over their normal behavior. $200 would be ok. I have spent that on dogs and cats.

Good Evening,

I am in Alaska and want to purchase a Brahma Rooster. I would also like to have him decrowed.

I cannot find a vet in this state that decrows... does anyone have any recommendation? I don't mind if I have to purchase the rooster through the vet.

Hi, Does anyone know of a Vet in SC that decrows roosters? I purchase 12 day old pullets but one has surprised me by being a roo. I really like him and he is so sweet but my neighbors are going to flip when he starts to crow. He is 10 weeks old now. I don't want to give him up if I can help it. I have looked at the rooster collars too but it would be nice to do something that wouldn't aggravate him all of the time.
Thanks!
Michelle

I’m a few years late to this post but I’m in favor of it. I live on a secluded 3 acres with the perfect big yard for chickens but if my neighbor hears a rooster he will (and has) call the cops. Roosters are not allowed in my zoning. Whenever I buy pullets- a male always sneaks in and I always fall in love. I can “rehome” to a farm that will just kill him so what’s the point in rehoming? Not a whole lot of people looking to collect roosters in my area unless they fight them. I should save him the stress and kill him myself. So I would GLADLY pay to keep him silent so he can still live the long, happy life roosters deserve. My neighbors don’t care if it’s male as long as it’s quite.

know you have not been on here for a while, but hoping I can get in touch with you. You were wanting to perform your decrowing procedure on a peacock, I may be interested. I have one that I am very attached to, but he is very loud please contact me.

Oh I would have to say that is cruel. You don't need a rooster to raise chickens. Roosters are used for meat anyway. EVERYONE knows Roos make noise. Some are louder than others. Most "urban farmers" don't have more than a few chickens and a small fenced area for the birds and there is no need for a rooster anyway. It amazes me that folks want to enjoy some things from the "country" but want to take the "country" out of it.

DISAPPROVE of maiming animals for ones selfish convenience.

Well...not just meat. At least from what I understand It amazes me how many people are so quick to eat their chicken as soon as they find out they have a rooster! Some ppl think you can’t eat fertilized eggs! I have two roosters both were a surprise and they are just as important to me as my hens. My Sebright has a loud high pitched typical crow and my GLW has a very gruffly caul-like crow-very different!

I think it is sad whenever an animal has to have any kind of surgical modification. I had a Hemingway cat that I had to get her claws removed-all 29 of them- I felt so bad for her-she had no defense, it was like getting hit by marsh mellows!

Would anyone consider having a dogs bark taken away? I’m sure ppl would if it meant they could keep/have a dog in an apartment...

Back
Top Bottom