Deep bedding

Pics
Am I the only one here that thinks chickens scratching around in their coop with all of their poop is unhealthy? Why would you want your chickens scratching around in their poop? Seems unsanitary to me.

Well I am sure THEY don't mind, but can't scratching around in poop spread disease and bacteria? What if there are mites lurking in the bottom?.excuse my ignorance, it just seems kind of gross and unhealthy

If I may- chickens go in their coop to purch, sleep, lay eggs, that is if you have your nesting boxes in the coop and most of all a safe place to go. This makes their coop the main place to go. First of all chickens don't care and they don't have a care, where they poop. So to jump ahead of all of the other stuff related to this subject, They poop in their coop and their liter system is takes the brunt of it. I don't care what system you use, they are going to poop in it and scratch in it. They will peck and peck in it. You are not going to change that. That is like asking a duck not to get into water. So what system do you choose. Several systems work, but they do different things. Some control the smell but you have to change it on a regular basis. Some control the moisture but you have to change it every other day or even daily. Some do a combination but you are still on a regular maintenance schedule. A Lot of it is based on cost. All of them work but with different results. For me, I want less maintenance and overall less cost. This is my choice and I believe that the Hemp product is the best product for the results and dollar spent. A lot of you will defend basic products because you have easy and affordable access but not everyone has that option. Imagine this, what if you never had to change your poop coop but once a year? What if you never had the bad smell that came with chicken poop, this is a big one? You can order it online. NO I don't make a dime on this product from any company. I just believe in the product, and what it says it can do and what it actually does do. Just my thought and experience. You need to find your comfort zone. For me, it is the Hemp system that does it for me.
Me too, amen sister!!

Back
Top Bottom