Deep litter and chicken Lice

Tor14

Chirping
Sep 22, 2021
I’ve been doing deep litter method since end of May. I’ve discovered a few louse on my girls and want to eradicate the problem before it gets bad. What do I do? Throw out all litter? Start deep litter from scratch? How is best to treat my flock? I’d like to avoid bathing 14 chickens if possible

For lice I use YTEX Gardenstar Garden and poultry dust. When dusting wearing a respirator mask is a good idea, but you should research yourself. Hopefully you will solve it 😀

I’ve been doing deep litter method since end of May. I’ve discovered a few louse on my girls and want to eradicate the problem before it gets bad. What do I do? Throw out all litter? Start deep litter from scratch? How is best to treat my flock? I’d like to avoid bathing 14 chickens if possible
The litter is not a problem.
But you'll need to treat your birds.
Permethrin dust or spray on all the birds, under the feathers so it gets on their skin around vent and neck and belly and under wings.

:welcome :frow I agree with aart. I use Permethrin. You can get the premixed spray or the concentrate I also use the poultry dust. I personally use the permethrin concentrate 0.50%. You need to do 3 or 4 weekly treatments because it will not kill the pests eggs but will as they hatch out. Good luck...
Permethrin10ConcentrateMix.jpg

Attachments

• PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1
  • PoultryDust.jpg
    PoultryDust.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg