Deer eating my chicken feed!

Nov 19, 2019
NW New Jersey
I have some motion sensing lights in my backyard. They had turned on a few minutes ago, and I came out and saw what was going on. What I saw was a big ol doe eating my chicken feed! I keep the feed in buckets by my coop, and I left one loose. Well the deer came in and enjoyed some of it. I chased it away and closed the bucket tightly. Dang, I never thought a deer would come and eat chicken food.

I have some motion sensing lights in my backyard. They had turned on a few minutes ago, and I came out and saw what was going on. What I saw was a big ol doe eating my chicken feed! I keep the feed in buckets by my coop, and I left one loose. Well the deer came in and enjoyed some of it. I chased it away and closed the bucket tightly. Dang, I never thought a deer would come and eat chicken food.

This very interesting and good to know, actually. I wouldn't have thought that either! Glad you caught the culprit.

The majority of chicken feed is mostly corn and soy or other grains and legumes with a little synthetic lysine, methionine, vitamins, minerals and fats added.
I'm sure the doe enjoyed it.

Try putting a few plastic bags around the area tied to a piece of fishing line or something so they'll blow in the breeze, or some old pie pans to move around. Even if the lid is secured, she may come back now looking for ways to get into the bin
:eek:

The majority of chicken feed is mostly corn and soy or other grains and legumes with a little synthetic lysine, methionine, vitamins, minerals and fats added.
I'm sure the doe enjoyed it.
I also add DE to my feed so the doe was probably feeling better now having any worms 🤣
She’s raising two fawns and is brazen! She kicked my 60 lb boxer/pit mix yesterday (she came to the dog!) and she doesn’t respond to clapping, air horns, us approaching (not too close!)... only the hose and leaf blower seems to shoo her away

my neighbor has his 50lb hound pinned to the ground by her yesterday- thankfully the dog was only scared and not hurt

Back
Top Bottom