Deer

It is a "Piebald"

The farmer that has these breeds just for the trait as well as albino. I have another friend who has a farm in Ohio, has some dandy bucks and the semen straws he collects bring good money.

388659491_MYDvR-L-2.jpg

I fell in love with one of his Does.."Precious" was her name. She was a sweetheart. Cant wait to get our herd started.

388684053_SzeDp-XL-2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
He was sketchy. He did not like strangers and avoided me. The other buck was a ham and within minutes was fine with me in their enclosure. Another friend had a fawn he rescued (car killed the mom) and he raised it like a goat. No pen, no nothing. It was a buck and lived for 6 or 7 years. Each hunting season they put a big orange collar on him. That type of thing happens alot here lol

958721436_Tat7y-XL.jpg

If the economy turns around and the real estate market gets better I will if WV doesnt get its act together.

CWD hasnt been found in any captive deer, I cant understand why they wont allow in state sales

Not sure about that, I do know that injuries of various sorts to thebucks testicles will greatly affect a bucks horns and the way they grow. I would have to assume without being intact it would have some affect just as it does on cows and dogs. If I wanted a deer for soley a pet, it would be a female all the way.

Penned deer just need to be handled correctly. Most "attacks" come as the result of over confidence by the owner and usually they admit it afterwards. I have been run down by a buck in the wild that I was photographing. He was with a doe and they were bedded down. I worked in on them and he got ignorant. He won, I backed off and they left. A bit unnerving but when you spend the time I do in the woods you get used to how they react....but that day was a surprise. Im still more wary around bears, but any wild animal can turn on you.

The lady we purchased our property from kept three Fallow deer. The things were monumentally terrified of people!

When we bought the property, she asked if she could pay us to keep the deer. We politely declined...it didn't seem like a good idea for us.

Now we use the 50' x 50' enclosure for our chickens....and the deers' shelter is now one of our coops!

Back
Top Bottom