Defeat HR 875 - Goodbye Freedom To Farm

Quote:
don't even get me started on the guns and ammo thing. wait till they start charging carbon credits on your firplace and bbq grill. my property is bordered by eighty acres that was just bought for a golf resort. i have the goats and i'm getting the chickens in place and grandfathered before the annexation/appearance commitee nazis show up. the attack on personal rights and freedoms is accomplished through a constant program of duck bites.

All I can say is big brother had better get my guns before they try to get my chickens.
rant.gif

with the depression we are in I cant imagine them being able to enforce this even if it was passed, things are only going to get worse and if they tried to enforce it there would be such an outcry from the American people that they would have to change it. At least I hope so.

I read most of the bill. Here is a small analysis of parts of it on these sites:
http://cryptogon.com/?p=7362
http://shepardpolitics.blogspot.com/2009/03/hr-875-would-essentially-outlaw-family.html

The proponents of the bill say it all... Monsanto, Cargill, Tyson, etc. It's all about gov't control of the food supply, plus killing the competition, just like NAIS. They are having so much trouble with NAIS getting established, they have cloaked some of it in a new bill in order to slip this garbage through, IMO. And they'll keep at it till it becomes law and makes it illegal even to sell a dozen eggs from my own driveway.
hmm.png

~Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.~
Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
Before you jump to catagory 4 you may want to scroll back up and read the definition of establishment.

I read the whole thing and there is nothing in it that concerns me. I do however applaud the original poster in actaully posting the bill. Usually these things get posted from a third party source that is using scare tactics to sway people their way.

The real problem is the way the bills are written so that you can be a bit loose with the interpretation of various parts. It could certainly be "stretched" to mean anyone who accepts money for eggs, including you and me in our own front yards.

Quote:
DID YOU READ IT? It is just a bill to form a new regulatory body to oversee food processing and require that food processors register with the government....

Quote:
"What this will do is force anyone who produces food of any kind, and then transports it to a different location for sale, to register with a new federal agency called the “Food Safety Administration.” Even growers who only sell only fruit and/or vegetables at farmers markets would not only have to register, but they would be subject inspections by federal agents of their property and all records related to food production. The frequency of these inspections will be determined by the whim of the Food Safety Administration. Mandatory “safety” records would have to be kept. Anyone who fails to register and comply with all of this nonsense could be facing a fine of up to $1,000,000 per violation."

Well OK then.. Looks like I'll be selling egg cartons next to my coop. Buy a carton and fill it up yourself. $2.50 a carton.

I didn't sell you eggs and I didn't transport them...

Back
Top Bottom