Definatly NOT a Buff Orpington...what am I?

are those green legs ? if so, could be an Easter Egger / Orp mix
I thought they were purplish but after a few weeks they are turning green. I was hoping to know the breeds as I was planning to sell them when they got older but after news of allergies to many other proteins I may keep them as I need more eggs. I think she's(he's) some sort of EE. I am good with that. Need another EE in my mix.

I thought they were purplish but after a few weeks they are turning green. I was hoping to know the breeds as I was planning to sell them when they got older but after news of allergies to many other proteins I may keep them as I need more eggs. I think she's(he's) some sort of EE. I am good with that. Need another EE in my mix.
Still not sure what she is. They are about 22 weeks now and she's so tiny. She's smaller than my Frizzle Bantam Cochin and much smaller than her friend, the Buff Orpington. Green legs solid white, long wings and long tail. Almost like she's a bantam white leghorn mixed with a easter egger.

Well a lot of her makes me think leghorn mix..but almost nothing makes me think EE...I think whoever said austra white is right...because australorps have the dark colored legs. Every EE mix I have seen pics of has this very EE shaped head, and your little one doesn't have any trace of that strange head shape. I could be terribly wrong, as I don't have a whole lot of first hand experience with chicks, but I have been spending an inordinate amount of time obsessing over chickens, and different breeds, and reading and re-reading, and then re-reading again...So I feel like it is in fact the leghorn australorp mix. Just fits the best with me. Are there any dark spots on the chicken so far?

Still not sure what she is. They are about 22 weeks now and she's so tiny. She's smaller than my Frizzle Bantam Cochin and much smaller than her friend, the Buff Orpington. Green legs solid white, long wings and long tail. Almost like she's a bantam white leghorn mixed with a easter egger.

LF leghorns are also pretty small, so she might not be bantam...but she is pretty darn small, but then again whatever chick you put beside a Buff Orpington looks very small in my opinion, and I actually have a Buff Orpington. I got some chicks and their mom that I thought when I first saw them they were bantams...but once I got them home and next to my leghorn I saw that mama hen was almost the same size as the leghorn hen, so not bantam, but just really small. There is no way my leghorn is a bantam as she lays x-large sized eggs.

LF leghorns are also pretty small, so she might not be bantam...but she is pretty darn small, but then again whatever chick you put beside a Buff Orpington looks very small in my opinion, and I actually have a Buff Orpington. I got some chicks and their mom that I thought when I first saw them they were bantams...but once I got them home and next to my leghorn I saw that mama hen was almost the same size as the leghorn hen, so not bantam, but just really small. There is no way my leghorn is a bantam as she lays x-large sized eggs.

The Orpington is the same size as my adult hens. Bigger than my standard leghorns, but she had green legs and very small :eek:)

We got 3 chicks that are called Buff Orpingtons, and judging by the size of them, I'm guessing that to be accurate. Ours looked pretty much like your does about 2 weeks ago, except we have yellow legs. Maybe a mix?

Back
Top Bottom