Definitely could make this into a coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mominator, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Mominator

Mominator Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    Killingworth, CT
    I found these on Craigs List and nearly bought one just to keep around in case I needed it! Hubby said no (that's okay), but I had to pass on the info in hopes that maybe someone else could use one. Just imagine...little pop door, a few windows, roof adjustment... PERFECT! He has a bunch of these to get rid of.......

http://hartford.craigslist.org/tls/1352907617.html

Sandy

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Looks good!

3. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    wow, thats like the one last week for 150.00 each and it had a 10mile delivery area, it was in Austin...wish I could get one...lol

4. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh yeah! At least four! And another four for storage units, feed, baby strollers, summer/winter stuff...oh yeah!!!

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Why is there NEVER anything like for sale around where I live??? They would be awesome for storing feed, valuables, lawn chairs, gosh, the list is endless. Hook three or four of them together and make a chicken house, a duck house, a peacock house . . .ohhhhh, the possibilities . . . .

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    mmmm thats exciting!
    yeah my dad lives in that town,,,,, ! all you need to do is pop a few holes for the windows etc... cool! getting me thinking!!

7. Mominator

Jun 9, 2008
    Killingworth, CT
    No kidding! And they're not that small...5 x 7 x 7.5 feet! I wanted one for my silkies and for storage, but seeing as the trim isn't even finished on my big coop, i have no hopes for another one.... [​IMG] I was hoping someone around here could use them, though.

8. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Im in Durham....maybe we can find two for a deal--then you can keep yours here until hubby agrees! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Mominator

Jun 9, 2008
    Killingworth, CT
    OMG, too funny tiffanyh! I bet he'd cut you a deal of some sort...see what he says......

I go through Durham all the time on my way to Wallingford. I bet i've passed by your house a thousand times! Get ready - the fair is coming sooooooooooon!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. kittykorat

kittykorat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    Quote:Hmmm.. 5x7? 7.5 tall?
    So that is 35 sq feet... enough for 8-9 chickens...?

I'll have to show this to DH tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by