Deformed at hatch CAUTION graphic images.

i am sorry you went through this, it could of been any one of us. its not your fault that some people just want the money and really dont care what their selling . she wasnt being mad she was being defensive sounds like to me. in some situations theres just nothing you can do. dont let what she says to you upset you. it is a shame you had to see all that but, it brings an awareness to us all that may have not of been there otherwise. so I for one say thank you.

All of us should think twice about buying eggs, and not just because of problems like this, but also because of diseases like mycoplasma which can be transmitted from hen to egg!

-Kathy

All of us should think twice about buying eggs, and not just because of problems like this, but also because of diseases like mycoplasma which can be transmitted from hen to egg!

-Kathy
This is so true.

People should be advertising in their hatching egg ads whether they are mycoplasma free as far as they know. Of course something can pop up all of a sudden but you know what I mean.

So sorry to hear that you went through this. It's always tough to watch the eggs from start to finish with the finish being so tragic. I just recently had a tough hatch that has lasted 3 days. Never have I had eggs take 3 days to hatch. I have some really pretty babies result from this but I have one that was hatch last with its eyes still shut. This baby is strong and walking around. It has eye balls, I can see them moving under the lid, but the lid is not opened. Will the eye lid eventually open or does this baby need to be culled?

did you wash the eyes? i had one like that and it was yolk. just be gentle and use warm water to moisten the eye lid a few times. hope thats all it is. and mine didnt open right away. was like next day if i am remembering right.

did you wash the eyes? i had one like that and it was yolk. just be gentle and use warm water to moisten the eye lid a few times. hope thats all it is. and mine didnt open right away. was like next day if i am remembering right.

I haven't washed the eyes. Good tip. I'll see if that works...hopefully.

I haven't washed the eyes. Good tip. I'll see if that works...hopefully.

I just took a qtip with warm water and wiped the eyes. The lid is not stuck but the chick just doesn't want to open its eyes. I'm hoping that it's just slow and in the resting stage. It's less than 24 hours old.

I just took a qtip with warm water and wiped the eyes. The lid is not stuck but the chick just doesn't want to open its eyes. I'm hoping that it's just slow and in the resting stage. It's less than 24 hours old.
Do a warm wet compress on the eye lid and hold it for maybe 5 min at a time.

Back
Top Bottom