Deformed Chick

She (he?) has improved in the last few days. Would pass for a normal chick on occasion apart from a slightly bent neck and a thin head and slanty eyes - in this way looks different from the others! Runs backwards and around in circles when stressed/excited. When born though it's head was almost stuck in one position up towards the ceiling (yuck!) so I'm just leaving her (him?) alone and hoping that he/she will continue to improve. Will definitely be the most hen pecked I dare say looking at the behaviour of the others towards it. Hope it learns to stand up for itself!

She (he?) has improved in the last few days.  Would pass for a normal chick on occasion apart from a slightly bent neck and a thin head and slanty eyes - in this way looks different from the others!  Runs backwards and around in circles when stressed/excited.  When born though it's head was almost stuck in one position up towards the ceiling (yuck!) so I'm just leaving her (him?) alone and hoping that he/she will continue to improve.  Will definitely be the most hen pecked I dare say looking at the behaviour of the others towards it.  Hope it learns to stand up for itself!

That is definitely wry neck. You should treat her using poultry vitamins like Poultry Nutri Drench or something similar.

Farmer Viola, thanks so much for the site. Its critical information for recognizing and treating wry neck. I have not had the experience but now know what to watch for.

Back
Top Bottom