Dehydrated chickens

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hello! Todays post is intresting, I havent my self had a dehydrated chicken that doesnt eat or drink, but i do know it can be serious. Read my other post for electrolyte water to help, but i do have some suggestions and remedys.

Water mash, Now im not sure if im copying someones idea here, because of how simple this idea is and healthy for your chickens overall. If i am, apologizes. I just do many experiments with their food *Of course, that they are aloud to eat snd have research* Get some of your crumble feed pellets or whatever their main food is, Mine is crumbles and i find that they eat it more and it desolves better. Then just simply add some water making most of it sink to the bottom, If their dehydrated add enough water so the kibble is at the bottom, this way they have to get threw the water, by drinking it, to get to the kibble, and yes trust me it does work! If their not dehydrated, just add some water enough to make it non crumbly and just stick together, it will make them eat more kibble if their being picky eaters! Dont add to much water though or they become un intrested, *in my experince* Now please please know that if you are working with a non eating CHICK and such, that could mean they have pasty butt! Clogging up their vent with poo! This is fatal for young chicks but does NOT happen in adult chickens! Look up ways to help it online for better results, but just get a slightly warm *not hot* Water cotton cloth *That isnt to rough of course!* and rub in a circle motion getting the poo out *i think baby wipes dipped in luke warm water work good to* Dont pull because it can pull out skin and feathers! I have another more detailed post about this but yeah! Hope this helps. Please note that this can be other serious things and make sure their being “picky” and not something else more serious! I may be wrong about some of these things because like i said i havent had personal exprince with dehydrated or picky chickens!

Last edited:
A wet mash is good, but it should not be offered to a dehydrated chicken. When a chicken is dehydrated, it should be given fluids first. Once hydrated you can offer a mash.
Yes, ive heard that before and forgot to add it in, if im correct its because they dont get as much fluids correct? And electrolyte Water should be the first.

Yes, ive heard that before and forgot to add it in, if im correct its because they dont get as much fluids correct? And electrolyte Water should be the first.
It's because once something is dehydrated, the intestinal tract slows or stops. If you give a dehydrated animal food before it's hydrated, the food will not get digested.

Back
Top Bottom