Dehydrated dog food?

RottenFlower

In the Brooder
5 Years
I got a box of The Honest Kitchen's Keen formula from a friend. It's dehydrated dog food that contains turkey, oats, and veggies. It contains 21% protein and 16% fat.

Do you think this would be an okay occasional "treat" for my girls once they're of age? I don't know if I should just toss it out into their run like scratch, or serve it to them reconstituted, or if I should even give it to them at all?

What are your thoughts, concerns, reviews, anything?

TYIA.
smile.png

You can give it to them as long as those are the only ingredients in it.
The complete ingredient list:

All ingredients dehydrated: Turkey, organic oats, potatoes, organic flax, carrots, cabbage, organic alfalfa, organic kelp, apples, honey, garlic, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.

I've fed THK to my dogs. It's a dehydrated food intended to be reconstituted with water before feeding. I wouldn't feed it dry for fear of swelling...
Yeah, I know it's dehydrated, which is why I posed the question here whether it'd be best to offer it to them dry or wet. I had the same concern of swelling as you.

My girls are only 6-8 days old, so they won't be getting it for quite some time anyway.

Thanks you for your input. :)

I feed my girls dog food cat food and a mixed layer feed along with vita mins every day and there is never any impacted crop or sickness due to swelling and I feed the THK to them because we buy that for our Danes

Back
Top Bottom