Dehydrated dog food?

RottenFlower

In the Brooder
5 Years
I got a box of The Honest Kitchen's Keen formula from a friend. It's dehydrated dog food that contains turkey, oats, and veggies. It contains 21% protein and 16% fat.

Do you think this would be an okay occasional "treat" for my girls once they're of age? I don't know if I should just toss it out into their run like scratch, or serve it to them reconstituted, or if I should even give it to them at all?

What are your thoughts, concerns, reviews, anything?

TYIA.

RottenFlower

In the Brooder
5 Years
You can give it to them as long as those are the only ingredients in it.
The complete ingredient list:

All ingredients dehydrated: Turkey, organic oats, potatoes, organic flax, carrots, cabbage, organic alfalfa, organic kelp, apples, honey, garlic, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.

hotlipshens

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 8, 2014
south central PA
I've fed THK to my dogs. It's a dehydrated food intended to be reconstituted with water before feeding. I wouldn't feed it dry for fear of swelling...

RottenFlower

In the Brooder
5 Years
I've fed THK to my dogs. It's a dehydrated food intended to be reconstituted with water before feeding. I wouldn't feed it dry for fear of swelling...
Yeah, I know it's dehydrated, which is why I posed the question here whether it'd be best to offer it to them dry or wet. I had the same concern of swelling as you.

My girls are only 6-8 days old, so they won't be getting it for quite some time anyway.

Thanks you for your input. :)

joycespell

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 26, 2013
Rickman,TN
I feed my girls dog food cat food and a mixed layer feed along with vita mins every day and there is never any impacted crop or sickness due to swelling and I feed the THK to them because we buy that for our Danes

Latest posts

Top Bottom