Dehydration: Symptoms, Cure and Prevention

One of my silky chicken has started acting strange yesterday and I found this website, I have done what it said I should do but my silky keeps her head and neck down and looks like she is twitching I have to hold he neck to feed and hydrate her ..... I put water in her food so it's easier for her but I struggle to make her drink I don't know what to do anymore
(P.S. I am only 18 and my mother doesn't want to bring her to the vet)

Last edited:
One of my silky chicken has started acting strange yesterday and I found this websitewebsite, I have done what it said I should do but my silky keeps her head and neck down and looks like she is twitching I have to hold he neck to feed and hydrate her ..... I put water in her food so it's easier for her but I struggle to make her drink I don't know what to do anymore
(P.S. I am only 18 and my mother doesn't want to bring her to the vet)
I have also notices that because she keeps her head down she rolls over

Welcome to BYC! This first post in the link below has lots of info. First thing I do is place them in a warm room or cage then give them a thorough exam.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1...rgency-and-supportive-care-updated-10-30-2016
I've read the link and my chicken has the cecal poop,is it normal or should I be worried about it? she also has some of the symptoms like tucking her, head not wanting food or drink and breathing with her mouth open. But she also shakes her head a lot. How can I help her.

I've read the link and my chicken has the cecal poop,is it normal or should I be worried about it? she also has some of the symptoms like tucking her, head not wanting food or drink and breathing with her mouth open. But she also shakes her head a lot. How can I help her.
Can you post pictures of her and her poop and take a video of her? To post video upload to YouTube or Vimeo then copy/paste the link here.

Can you post pictures of her and her poop and take a video of her? To post video upload to YouTube or Vimeo then copy/paste the link here.
the cecal poop is a little dry and has food on it... I will send you the video shortly
20180604_120023.jpg
20180604_120023.jpg

I have three ducks and I went out to check on them and they were out of water. One dead, one weak, and one fine. I automatically thought dehydration. The weak one wasn't convulsing and she was doing okay. I followed the instructions in this and then she got weaker, stopped drinking, and her nose stared bleeding. She died but I'm not so sure it was dehydration now. I'm really worried about my third duck because if it was illness, I dont want her getting it. Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom