1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Delaware chick question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rysha2071, Jul 14, 2016.

1. rysha2071

rysha2071 New Egg

Jun 4, 2016
    Hey Everyone! I bought these Delaware trio for eggs and to be our pets and recently someone approach me about getting some chicks from my birds. I decided to do it because I wanted to know what their babies would look like. Well I was able to hatch 11 beautiful babies and 10 of them are perfect little delaware babies. 1 of them hatched with a red tint to its feathers. It is 2 weeks old now and it looks just like it's siblings but it is red. Is this normal with Delawares? I have looked up rir and new Hampshire chicks and it doesn't look like either one of those and I know that there is no way another rooster could have gotten with my hen. So has anyone else ever had this problem before? Do I call it a red delaware? Thank you for listening and I greatly appreciate any and all advise.[​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    How long from the time you got the trio till you set the eggs?

3. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    looks little like a mix

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by