Delaware fertile eggs

CoffeeCow

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Washington, NC
Hey,
I have never shipped eggs to anyone, but I browse the selling parts of this site a bit and I have rarely seen any Delaware eggs offered up. I have some nice Delawares (I'll go take some pics in the morning) and I guess I was wondering if there was a demand for their eggs or not? and I would like to try shipping them, but I am unsure how much shipping and packing materials would be. I don't really care about money for the eggs.. well other than the $3 a dozen I normally sell my eggs for, but I am worried about packing and shipping costs, I wouldn't mind letting everyone try and hatch out some of my Delawares...

If anyone knows a good way to ship, other than bubble wrapping each egg, and would be willing to pay me for the packing and shipping (and my normal $3 a dozen) I will happily try and send out some, if there is an interest.

My Rooster is as sweet as an angel. By far the nicest roo I have ever had. All of the ladies are friendly and eat from my hand. I have 5 Delaware hens, some EE's that all lay blue/green or pink eggs, and 2 buff orpingtons. I can separate the orpingtons for a few days to get a dozen Delaware eggs.

Also..
Not sure if this is the place to post this thread, but I do love my Delawares, and would like to help others that are looking for some nice birds
smile.png

Edited a tyop

Last edited:
Where did you get your Delawares? There is a demand for good quality Delawares, especially, as they are an endangered breed and hatcheries practically ruined them trying to bring them back by breeding in other breeds and not culling properly. As Kathy said, we'd like to see pictures of them.

It is raining out this morning, I wanted to get some good pictures today, but it doesn't look as if I will get them. Here are some that I took last week when we had a mass escape from the coop/run
smile.png

I am not sure as to the "Quality" of my birds, they came from My Pet Chicken a few years back. I am not claiming to have prize winning stock, I was just trying to help people looking for a breed that I have. I'm not asking for anything besides the packing and shipping. But if these are not "quality" birds then I will just scrap my Idea of trying to help others out.

I wish I had some better pics, but here are some old ones. I'll try to get some better ones as I can.

Here is Big Guy, and the hen is Delillah
55864_p1020834.jpg

55864_p1020837.jpg

Thing 1 and Thing 2
55864_thing201.jpg

55864_thing101.jpg

and a nice pic of everyone munching on some grain
55864_p1020841.jpg

I would like to try your idea and have you ship some eggs to me so that I can try to incubate. I raise chickens just for the eggs. My family enjoys what our girls lay and then we sell what we have left to our church family. I currently have around 35 hens....Amerucana, Barred Rock, Black Sex-links, Cuckoo Marans and Red Sex-links.

I have been raising chickens since march 2011 and replace my laying flock every 2 years. I need some Delaware stock to make hybrid from Rhode Island Red Roster and Delaware hens.

Let me know if I can help you ship a dozen eggs and what you need from me.

Thanks,

Gallo2014

Back
Top Bottom