Delaware hatch finished. 3 out of 4...not bad!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyb1969, Oct 10, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

With my streak of bad luck (thanks to the po [​IMG]) with my last 2 sets of eggs (BOs and Blue Bantam Cochins), things this time are looking much better! [​IMG] I bought 8 Delaware eggs from Shortcake1806. At candling on day 14, there were 4 eggs which were not viable. Upon opening them, I found them scrambled. [​IMG] The 4 remaining eggs, however, had very active peeps inside![​IMG] After candling them last night, those 4 are still very much alive and ready to come out of those eggs! So now I'm just waiting...again.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. Catfishingpokey

Catfishingpokey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    i just bought a dozen day old delawares at the local feed store and they are so pretty. only thing is i am afraid that there may not be a rooster in the bunch so i may try to get some eggs from some one to hatch myself. i hope your hatch turns out well.enjoy the little fuzzballs.

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    good luck on your hatch may you have 100%this time we will want pics

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Good luck !!! Hope you have a great hatch !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. shelleyb1969

This is so exciting! I got home from FowlFest today to find 2 of these eggs rockin' and rollin'! This is day 19, and those little guys are wanting out!

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Come on chickies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want to see pics of you !!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Come on little Delawares!!! Let's see a pip!

8. shelleyb1969

Good morning, everyone. It seems that all's quiet in the bator this morning. Except I do keep hearing what sounds like a chick "chirp" occasionally. Can I really be hearing one of these chicks inside the egg? It's very strange. I also keep hearing what sounds like tapping on a hard surface. Can that be the chick(s) trying to pip? Maybe I'm just too excited and I'm super hoping that's what these sounds are. Anyways...I'll keep updating as things happen.

9. shelleyb1969

OMG...I just heard a crack and I looked in the bator....one's pipping! He's rolling that egg trying to get out! OMG, OMG, OMG!

10. shelleyb1969

This is soooo awesome. This is the first time I've got to see the first pip...and it happened while I was sitting right beside the bator! I heard it all. Now I hear the chick chirping...and he's really rockin that egg around. Do you think I'll have a problem with imprinting, since I keep talking to him trying to get him to come on out! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by