Delaware or Columbian Rock

I don't know what breed that is, but it does not look at all like a Delaware. It holds itself differently; Delawares are more upright, and they also have barred neck feathers, like @3KillerBs said. And yes, it looks to me to be a cockerel. He's very handsome!

I don't know what breed that is, but it does not look at all like a Delaware. It holds itself differently; Delawares are more upright, and they also have barred neck feathers, like @3KillerBs said. And yes, it looks to me to be a cockerel. He's very handsome!
I don't care about the breed that much but I really need her to be a girl or she's going to have to be separated from the flock

So my uncle got some Leghorn pullets from TSC. Turns out this little girl got mixed up in there. I wouldn't have her if I hadn't been taking care of her and the leghorns if it weren't for my uncle being injured. She would jump on the front of the brooder and look at me all precious. Any way. She has the same coloring as a light sussex but she has yellow feet. She has no bearing like a Delaware but otherwise has

View attachment 2737342
View attachment 2737343
And while we are at it do you think she's a boy she does crow but even my silkie roos crow is more manly she hasn't laid but has no hackel feathers or saddle feathers
He’s a columbian rock cockerel.

Delawares are barred. Your hen has barred neck feathers.
They’re not fully barred though like a Rock or something which is what I had thought Odd was saying. To me, I didn’t consider that barring, just black markings or whatever, and I had thought it was the same pattern as Columbian. :oops: but I had looked up pictures of some more Delawares and see the roosters and even other hens do usually have more stereotypical “barring” and I see what was meant now. I guess my girl just had very poor barring ???

They’re not fully barred though like a Rock or something which is what I had thought Odd was saying. To me, I didn’t consider that barring, just black markings or whatever, and I had thought it was the same pattern as Columbian. :oops: but I had looked up pictures of some more Delawares and see the roosters and even other hens do usually have more stereotypical “barring” and I see what was meant now. I guess my girl just had very poor barring ???
The chicken world is very complicated now time to separate him soon I guess idk what to do :hit

Also comparing pictures of Delaware roosters to Columbian Rock roosters, he does look FAR more like a Columbian Rock not just in pattern but leg color, etc. too but I do not believe Hoover’s carries those ???? They are not listed on the website. So it is confusing to me hahah I wonder if they have recently started breeding them but not officially for sale yet ???? Definitely a cockerel though unfortunately!!!

Back
Top Bottom