Delawares are the fastest feathering breed??? Check out my RIR!!

Quote:
The cockerels wing feathers are longer and grow much faster. I have three boys and a girl and you can totally see the differance. Boy's all look alike and feathering is all the same. The girl has more rounded wing feathers and is growing slower.
Here is a pic not all that great but you can still see the chick on the top is the boy. Look at the wing tips and see how they are long. The chick below is the girl with the rounded wing feather. They are all the exact same age.
19853_dscf3587.jpg

Sorry for the bad pick you just have to look close. Hope this helps.

Chef

Last edited:
wow!! that is awesome. I did the string test and it said he was a cockerel and this confirms it!! You have no idea how much easier you just made things for me!!!! Ive asked and researched sexing and NO ONE said anything about this!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! On the girls there are no feather on their back like his, just the wings!! Does this only apply to RIRs??

I couldn't tell you as I have not hatched any other breed yet. I'm hoping my Bc marans hatch on the 27th!
bow.gif
Have fun with the reds they just lay lay lay or mine do anyway.

Chef

yes ive got to do that just trying to figure out how (and mostly for it to warm up so i can go outside with out becoming an icicle)

Back
Top Bottom