Delayed Hatch

Only 1 bird survived from this batch 3.5 weeks later. He/She is the loneliest bird in the world.

I'm so sorry :hugs

Don't let it keep you from trying again though. You learned a lot through this experience and next time will be much better.

I didn't have a great result on my first hatch. It was chickens not quail, but I only got 2 to hatch and one survived. I had humidity issues but didn't know it.

Well good news i had 46 fertile eggs and 31 hatched. 28 Unassisted, 1 partially pipped no action for nearly 24 hrs i had to take lid off.

At the end of Day 21 i had 17 eggs left, 5 of which had not pipped with hard egg shells I did the float test and 3 of them had chics that we already dead, and 2 had live chicks inside. Interestingly i had 12 eggs that had pipped, but the chics couldnt get out and i figured since its already day 21 i had to try and help as they were stuck but died in the process.

The interesting thing is the 2 chicks i got out of the 5 eggs with hard egg shells. I was able to get out one died.

But the 1 partially assisted pip chic and the one i had to peel right out of a hard egg carefully both survived and are running around the brooder.

So i ended up with 31/46 and one died cause it couldnt absorb the yolk properly. So i have 30 chics on this hatch.

Back
Top Bottom