Delayed silkie chick

Good morning, and welcome to BYC. Do the chicks have five toes on each foot ? They almost look hard feathered and might not be silkies or might be silky crosses. Chick has the 'look' of a healthy bird. I also wonder if you might have two large fowl and one bantam.
I agree with this. It looks like two different breeds to me. I wouldn't worry if the little one is eating and drinking normally.

Good morning, and welcome to BYC. Do the chicks have five toes on each foot ? They almost look hard feathered and might not be silkies or might be silky crosses. Chick has the 'look' of a healthy bird. I also wonder if you might have two large fowl and one bantam.
I just made it home to check and sure enough, my bigger two have 4 toes my little one has 5

If so that’s okay, I know they’re not the best for egg production compared to other breeds as they’re pretty broody, I mainly got them as apart of my little farm family. They’re so adorable. The little one acts perfectly normal, I just wanted to make sure she (most likely) isn’t lacking anything

If you are interested in having a broody hen hatch out eggs, a Silkie hen is great. My brownie is a great broody and such an awesome amazing momma. She just Raised her first 3 babies. They are now 10 weeks old.
she hatched her own eggs, but silkies are known to hatch anything
3F61E315-505B-4222-B682-CCBDCC4F4550.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom