*delete*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do some research and find addresses for both the feed store and the company that makes the feed.....see if you can do something about it!! I know I would if that happened to me.

Quote:
idunno.gif
about weight, probably 2-3? and corn crumble.

I pay $0.22/pound ($440/ton, I buy bulk). So a 50lbs bag for me would be $11. However, if someone wants more than $15 for a $50 bag I would say that they are ripping you off. Find something else, your hens will start eating what is in the feeder after they get hungry. After a week they won't want anything but their new food (and treats).

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
Yesterday, I paid $410/ton for 17.5% certified organic layer feed, delivered. It was a corn/wheat/peas/soy mix. It's up a little from what it has been, but not much.

Conventional grains are high right now and there's not much of a premium on organic. This week midwest prices were around $5.35 for conventional corn, and $6.00 for organic. Not much of a spread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
idunno.gif
about weight, probably 2-3? and corn crumble.

$40 for how many pounds of feed? What type of feed?

hmm, 3 pounds i think. they're on corn crumble that's organic. they really like it, but recently ive been spoiling them with lots of treats so they dont eat it as much... naughty girls
wink.png

You paid $40 for 3 pounds of feed??? Were these organic tropical bird seed or something? I would go back and tell them they have made a mistake in pricing. You should never have had to pay that. I buy organic feed and just paid $23.50 for 50 pounds of organic, soy-free layer feed from Countryside Natural Products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom