*delete*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Three pounds of feed would fit in a very small bucket. Are you sure you don't buy it in 50 lb sacks?

Is it a layer feed or just corn?

Quote:
Three pounds of feed would fit in a very small bucket. Are you sure you don't buy it in 50 lb sacks?

layer. and yep, im sure.

Quote:

layer. and yep, im sure.

Ok, I think we're all curious as to what you actually purchased. Did you buy some sort of exotic tropical bird mix at a high end pet store or did you buy chicken feed at a feed store? Chicken feed is normally sold in 50 pound sacks.

What does it say on the bag?

We where buying Dumar brand feed at TSC and it went up from 7.99 to 14.99. They said since alot of the corn is being used for ethanol the price went up. But I went to Rural King which is quite a drive but the feed only went up about a buck there. Worth the drive. Unfortunatly they don't have that same brand and I used to get all our feed there till we found the Dumar and it was nearly the same price then concidering the cost to drive to the other place we where actually saving money and getting a better brand feed. But that all changed today. We are back to traveling for feed again. We're also taking some of our flock to the auction tomorrow and starting to downsize since feed has gone up. It will only get worse during winter so downsize now before we can't afford to feed them. They won't be getting the nutrition they need free ranging in the winter so they will require more feed. It's like doing chicken math. All of the quail except our breeders will be processed in a matter of 7 weeks. Except for the Bob Whites and there won't be amny of those.

Quote:
Yesterday, I paid $410/ton for 17.5% certified organic layer feed, delivered. It was a corn/wheat/peas/soy mix. It's up a little from what it has been, but not much.

Mac, where do you get that??

Quote:
layer. and yep, im sure.

Ok, I think we're all curious as to what you actually purchased. Did you buy some sort of exotic tropical bird mix at a high end pet store or did you buy chicken feed at a feed store? Chicken feed is normally sold in 50 pound sacks.

Im sorry this actually sounds like a joke or a very young kid-who would buy 3lbs of feed for 40$? seriously not making any sense!

Quote:

Im sorry this actually sounds like a joke or a very young kid-who would buy 3lbs of feed for 40$? seriously not making any sense!

I was just sitting here reading this and laughing out loud! There is NO WAY someone paid $40 for 3 lbs of feed. I guess, if it's exotic bird feed with gold flecks in it, it could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom