Delete

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Aug 12, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Delete

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    What makes you think you deserve it? I guess there maybe a quail god who wishes to spite you, but isn't bad luck + gravity a far more possiable answer?

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I wish I could blame gravity... And I think the quail god is spiting me! 18 eggs!!! 18!!! NOTHING!!! What did I do wrong? Same conditions as the others that hatched 2 days ago... >.< I am going to go cry again now..

4. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:I wish I could blame gravity... And I think the quail god is spiting me! 18 eggs!!! 18!!! NOTHING!!! What did I do wrong? Same conditions as the others that hatched 2 days ago... >.< I am going to go cry again now..

Stop crying, that won't get anything done, begin at the beginning, how'd you get the eggs, what bator conditions....

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712

Stop crying, that won't get anything done, begin at the beginning, how'd you get the eggs, what bator conditions....

Shipped, carefully packaged, perfect bator conditions, perfect humidity. NO spikes in ANYTHING. Turning 3 or more times a day....

6. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Stop crying, that won't get anything done, begin at the beginning, how'd you get the eggs, what bator conditions....

Shipped, carefully packaged, perfect bator conditions, perfect humidity. NO spikes in ANYTHING. Turning 3 or more times a day....

That's my guess. Even perfectly package eggs can suffer in shipping. Remember the movie ace ventura? i'm certain the guys at the shipping hubs play soccer with anything marked "fragile".

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Kay.. Well I still feel horrible..

8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Hold your head high...and keep trying !! You can do it ! [​IMG] A few years ago I had to order eggs multiple times before I got enough to start with. Shipping can be hard on eggs...I had 19 (I think) Blue scale eggs that were due on this past Wed. Well Wed is past and I have no blue scale fuzzies. I did have several broken eggs in the shipment , so I am sure they were shaken a good bit. But, even perfectly looking shipped eggs can sometimes survive a rough trip with showing visible signs of damage.
    Don't let it get you down.

9. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Just when you work that hard on something, and crack them open and see either early quitters (probably fallows) or nada its like umm what did I do wrong? And I have to keep going... I have 65 eggs in my incubator lol... 22 days at least before I can begin contemplating quitting hatching.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  10. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:That's the Spirit [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by