Deleted

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Florida chick, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    deleted

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] I say get a shot gun and wait outside your pens at night, lol. I doubt the person who took them would come around any more if you had a big dog or a man with a shot gun waiting, lol. [​IMG]

3. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Oh my goodness! Who would do such a thing? I'm so sorry that that happened to you. I hope that the other ones that are still missing will be ok. [​IMG] Try calling the police and see if they can find out who did it.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    They cut the whole wing off? Shoot them.

5. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Sorry Writer, it was funny when I read it. I would get you a paint ball gun or a beebee gun and shoot em. [​IMG]

6. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    deleted

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    OMG who would do such a cruel and horrible thing? Do you have a local newspaper? Contact them and see if they'll do a story, might be enough to scare whomever did it and have others on the lookout.

8. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    And the ducks are still waddling around!? [​IMG] Wouldn't that cause alot of blood loss? Some people are disgusting, and shouldn't even be considered human. [​IMG] Let's just say, if I ever found out who did that to my ducks, it wouldn't be wings I would be cutting off....

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Wow, your law enforcement doesn't sound too promising.

I would think you have a better shot at going the "no tresspassing" route. Tell them someone has been has been tresspassing on your property and you are more likely to get some assistance.

Do you have signs posted? I would get some up asap, they work in your favor should you actually catch this person.

Also, did you tell the police the VALUE of your birds? Muscovey aren't cheap, especially the more rare colors.

10. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    OMG, that is horrid!!! People who mutilate and torture animals have been shown to be serial killers in the making.

I'm appalled that the local police force couldn't have atleast acted a tad concerned.

I'd arm myself and be ready. :thun

So sorry.....

Julie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by