Demanding Hens ?

6chicks&aduck

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
S E North Dakota
my girls are normally quiet but lately they are making alot of noise like they want something , and i cant figure it out ....... when they are in, or out in the yard & esp when they see me ! they are well fed & kept very clean , so dont know what they are asking for ????? any idea's ?

How old are they? Mine are 17 weeks old and they really squawk up a storm every time they see me. I have to sneak out of the yard or they'll just mob and squawk. I think it's adolescent hyperactivity.

I think you probably just have some very chatty girls. Some of my older hens will only give me a disinterested "BUK" and that's it. Some others start from the other end of the property at full gallop squawking and flapping furiously. I love chickens because they are so different.

My hen and 1 pullet have taken to making loads of noise after they lay their egg, I can understand it if it was before they laid but not after. they used to be so quiet too 1 is much older then the others so idk why. I'm always trying to shush them but it doesn't work.

Some of mine are like that too-I think they just want attention-they love there pets and pulling tug of war with my shoelaces when I sit with them. I love all my girls-its been so different having them-there so much fun!!!!
love.gif

6chicks&aduck :

my girls are normally quiet but lately they are making alot of noise like they want something , and i cant figure it out ....... when they are in, or out in the yard & esp when they see me ! they are well fed & kept very clean , so dont know what they are asking for ????? any idea's ?

They are wanting scraps of food or treats, they think you've always got food for them and they are telling you that, food food food....they are walking stomachs LOL.​

Back
Top Bottom