Denagard direct dose?

Jan 1, 2020
Eastern North Carolina, USA
If I’m correct the dosage per gallon of water is 8ml but can I give my chicken a direct dose in her beak instead of putting it in the water? If so what would be the dosage ml per pound? I think my pullet has a respiratory infection but she is the only one having problems. Sent one to my state lab and they said they didn’t have anything serious and they were healthy but this one pullet has had raspy/rattled breathing for a month and a half now. Also heard it tastes bad to them and was wondering if I need to add something to make it taste better, what would that be? The picture below is what I have.

Attachments

• A9B315DE-3404-4300-8521-F848235CA689.jpeg
    A9B315DE-3404-4300-8521-F848235CA689.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Denagard treats MG/MS, no other poultry respiratory disease.
Why would you want to treat one pullet when the rest are disease free? She's had the rattled breathing for over a month, your other birds would be MG/MS infected by now and showing symptoms.
Not to mention basically a clean bill of health with the state lab with the other pullet.
Yes, Denagard is very bitter, even when mixed in water.

It might be best to take a look at environmental factors as the cause of your pullets raspy/rattled breathing. Here are some examples:
Inhalation of feed dust or dust from dust bathing, mold or fungus spores inside the coop, improper ventilation, ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, pollen, pesticide use, DE, paint fumes, high heat etc...
All of the above examples can be corrected or completely eliminated.

Denagard treats MG/MS, no other poultry respiratory disease.
Why would you want to treat one pullet when the rest are disease free? She's had the rattled breathing for over a month, your other birds would be MG/MS infected by now and showing symptoms.
Not to mention basically a clean bill of health with the state lab with the other pullet.
Yes, Denagard is very bitter, even when mixed in water.

It might be best to take a look at environmental factors as the cause of your pullets raspy/rattled breathing. Here are some examples:
Inhalation of feed dust or dust from dust bathing, mold or fungus spores inside the coop, improper ventilation, ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, pollen, pesticide use, DE, paint fumes, high heat etc...
All of the above examples can be corrected or completely eliminated.
I’m honestly not sure what it could be.. she started the raspy breathing 3 days after introducing her to my flock so I assumed it was respiratory disease even though she came from an NPIP certified breeder. Is there a possibility the bird I sent to my state lab hadn’t caught the disease yet?

Back
Top Bottom