denas special

They are just cross breeds. No, they are not a recognized breed. Their Rhode Island Reds are merely Production Reds. Their other "breed," is Dominiques. I would say that Dena's Special are the result of the 2 breeds crossing.

Dena's Special

C
MVC-039S.JPG
MVC-048S.JPG
MVC-043S.JPG

Last edited:
Several years ago I bought 12 to 15 white probably white rocks anyway all died over a two week period and they were kept in the house in a cardboard box. The same way I have raised hunders of others with out any problems.

Several years ago I bought 12 to 15 white probably white rocks anyway all died over a two week period and they were kept in the house in a cardboard box. The same way I have raised hunders of others with out any problems.
Development in the egg and for a week or more after hatching is, as far as fat soluble vitamins and some other factors are concerned, reliant upon supplies from the yolk. Hence, deficiency signs in newly hatched chicks (and often within the next 7 - 10 days) usually reflect a breeder feed inadequacy.

Last edited:
I just got some Dena's Special's this spring. They are by far the sweetest of my 19 mixed flock. They are 8 weeks old so that might change. But right now they will come cuddle up when I'm out there coaxing the rest to come out of the coop. They seem calm especially compared to the two Delawares. Their coloring is hard to define. It mixes to an almost lavender. Very soft at 8 weeks.

I
I was just wondering if anyone on here had ever had any denas special's and how you liked them. if you could please respond and give your opinions of them.
I have heard of bobs biddies hatchery and the breed to. About a year ago I ordered 100 chicks total and I got them all healthy and alive plus a couple extras. The woman at the hatchery told me the denas special is the Dominique's offspring. But then when I called agin bob answered the phone and he told me it was a crossbreed. But heck I wasn't going to ask what kind cause it looks like a Dominique, buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, and Delaware cross bred all in one pen and just got what u got cause if you look at the hens they all have a different comb.

Back
Top Bottom