Dented egg day 17

Pics
Okay. First pip chick is still in the same place with the same size hole. It seems to go in and try, but then stick its beak back in the same spot to rest. It’s been 24 hours now. But again, I’m nervous about opening the incubator
You probably need to do an assisted hatch, it's stuck. Read those links I left on how it's done.

Okay, I’ll reread it. It seemed like it said to take it out to help it, but won’t that dry out the membrane. So scary. I’ll read it again
Yes you have to remove the egg from the machine but sticking to the shell due to lack of humidity won't be a problem since you will be busting the little guy out. :)

Yes you have to remove the egg from the machine but sticking to the shell due to lack of humidity won't be a problem since you will be busting the little guy out. :)
I removed it, chipped the shell all the way around, left the membrane in tact. You could see through the membrane, so I think that’s right? It’s rubbery, the membrane. I hope I didn’t make tithings worse

I removed it, chipped the shell all the way around, left the membrane in tact. You could see through the membrane, so I think that’s right? It’s rubbery, the membrane. I hope I didn’t make tithings worse
I think you did all you could, after 24 hours and they aren't coming out, helping them is all you can do. How's the little guy doing now?

I think you did all you could, after 24 hours and they aren't coming out, helping them is all you can do. How's the little guy doing now?
I didn’t break through the membrane when I chipped the shell, an it seems like a tight balloon it can’t get out of. When I did pop through the membrane a little when o was getting the shell, it bled just a little. Was I supposed to break through the membrane? I have 2 other eggs that pipped last night, and didn’t go any farther. I wonder if it’s this incubator

I didn’t break through the membrane when I chipped the shell, an it seems like a tight balloon it can’t get out of. When I did pop through the membrane a little when o was getting the shell, it bled just a little. Was I supposed to break through the membrane? I have 2 other eggs that pipped last night, and didn’t go any farther. I wonder if it’s this incubator

Attachments

• IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 17
It's hard to say if it's the eggs or the incubator. If you start with good eggs from healthy birds and the eggs are stored properly before setting, then it is usually machine malfunction. Incubators come out of calibration easily which means temps and humidity is off.

I'd break the membranes, the little guy obviously can't get out. Too much longer he doesn't hatch and he will develop some sort of malady or wry neck.

It's hard to say if it's the eggs or the incubator. If you start with good eggs from healthy birds and the eggs are stored properly before setting, then it is usually machine malfunction. Incubators come out of calibration easily which means temps and humidity is off.

I'd break the membranes, the little guy obviously can't get out. Too much longer he doesn't hatch and he will develop some sort of malady or wry neck.

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpeg
    IMG_3240.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom