Deployed loved ones?? Find support here!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Well, I posted previously that she was leaving in April, but that is when they are leaving for the Middle East. She got 2 weeks notice to report to Ft. Meade, Md and leaves tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers for her...here is a photo of her holding her prize rooster at her first show where he was reserve grandchampion! She is sooo proud of him. Dixiechick is the new owner of him...thanks Denee!

[​IMG]

Would like to make this thread a support thread for all of us who have loved ones who are deployed or serving in the military. For some of us, deployment is a new thing...for many of you it's old hat by now. I know I would appreciate all the information and support I can get!! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Bless you both! I will pray for her safety. Please give her my thanks for her service - she is helping keep me and my family safe, and I am so grateful!

Beth

3. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Give her my thanks, and my wishes for a safe deployment.

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Thank her for me too. Praying for her to have a safe deployment.

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:Please give her the same for me and my family... we owe our servicemen and women (past, present, and future) a debt of great gratitude. Bless them one and all. [​IMG] (not worshipping them, but thanking God and asking His blessing and protection on them [​IMG] )

6. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    She is a true hero! We will be praying for her safety! Tell her thanks for us.

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Again, thank you all so much. Knowing that folks still support our soldiers and pray for them is very meaningful to me as a parent...and I know it is to our soldiers. We had to rehome all our show cochins and I want to thank everyone who bought them. I feel blessed knowing that they went to great homes where they will be loved and cared for. [​IMG]

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

You must be proud...I would be...

Hugs and prayers and heartfelt Thank Yous to your DD.

9. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    im proud to have brave people like her serving our country
    also brave people like her who share the love for chickens.

god bless her, and your family. youre in my prayers.

10. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I can not express enough the deep respect and gratitude I have for those serving in the military.

Tell her Thanks for serving, and may God Bless!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by