Depressing threads about different deaths, abuses, etc.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, May 5, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It seems with Spring there are not only wonderful little hatches going on, but a lot of things that happen that are an affront to all of us. I've noticed a trend the last couple of days and it bothers me enough to mention it. If one person sees a baby chick being abused, then someone else sees 10 and they have to describe it blow-by-blow. It's like they are trying to prove they can find an even more heartbreaking story than the last one.

I try to avoid them, but sometimes it's like a train wreck, you just have to look even though you know you shouldn't and it's ugly, and depressing. Most of these are things that will break our hearts if we do read it, but things we can't do anything about because it's not in our area, or it's already happened and it's after the fact.

Please, this is a place to come and celebrate our fowl friends, is there any chance we can focus on the good and try leave the bad alone for awhile? I know some of the responses to this will be ugly too, so I don't plan on reading them, I just wanted to say enough is enough, stop trying to find the most heart-breaking, heart-rending, stories you can to post.

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have to agree. These are real downers. I wish there were more positive and uplifting stories to be told.

3. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't even stand reading the subject line. Once I've seen it, if it's descriptive, then I have the image of the animal being abused stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I'm not so innocent as to think these things don't go on, I'm just overly sensitive about animal cruelty (I delete animal planet form all my TVs so I don't accidentally come across those awful animal cops shows) that even reading a headline gets me upset.

I know I'm a ninny, but I wish people wouldn't post such graphic subject lines.

4. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I also agree with you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My abandoned dog story has a happy ending. Happier yet when I can get all the puppies out from under the house - again [​IMG]

7. gretchenhau

gretchenhau Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Lebanon Ohio
    Uplifting story:

My mean mean rooster protects my crippled duck every day, when the duck squals, he comes running. It is so cute, I would get rid of the rooster, but they are so cute together, it makes me happy that he has a protector, at night the rooster rounds him up into the coop, like it is nite nite time.

8. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    on a good note , poor preggo dumped kitty is havng her kittens tonight 3 so far. and more to go.
    kttens will find loving homes through a vet office and mom will be spayed as soon as everything has gone back to normal ( weaned)

9. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Up lifting story,

rehomed my roo ,
    friends grampa said he is followed all over by Moses
    and is not as lonely having him around.

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i posted a pic of momma duck and her babies being helped across the road by police last year. but unfortunatley the world is always roseyred, thought it should be atleast a little more

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by