Depressing threads about different deaths, abuses, etc.

Here is a positive story about chickens....

Yesterday my neighbor was worried about a stump she found in her yard that was full of temites. She wanted a safe way to get rid of them. I loaned her two chickens, who enjoyed the snack quite a bit!
smile.png

edited to say, however if the death of termites was disturbing to anyone, I deeply apologize.
hugs.gif
(Writer... I'm not picking on you, just trying to make you smile. It's a sunny day here!)

Last edited:
I see where you are coming from as far as a lot of sad stories, I just avoid clicking on them, it is better that way. There have been many stories that have made me cry. But I do know that if someone does post a graphic story with pics, and they don't state that they are graphic in the subject line - they are sure to get spanked.

I read those threads because so often they have happy endings. Like the battery hens being adopted and eating grass for the first time...

I think there are more posts with pics of cute little fuzz-butts that someone on BYC hatched out.
Circle of life. Baby posts, sad posts, injury or illness or death posts.
It all reminds me how spoiled my chickens are, how blessed I have been, and that just because it was too wet to rake the chickens run last night I am NOT a bad chicken owner.

Well I'm glad it's sunny somewhere really. I've recently posted on another forum that you can get free literature from http://healthybirds.aphis.usda.gov. The public library is a great source for information on chickens and poultry. My point is many are writing about sick or dying birds. I would think the best time to familiarize yourself with diseases is "before" you get birds. I have one pamphlet I just received that says "There is no charge for USDA veterinarians to work with you to conduct a disease investigation". Please if you have more than one bird sick and dying it could be serious and as far as I'm concerned this is not the place to look for answers.
Why am I posting it here because it scares me when I read these posts. I'm second guessing my decision to get chickens. I lie in bed in the middle of the night and wonder did I make the right decision. What if all my birds get sick. I've spent a lot of money and time. My wife will kill me. My friends will say I'm a fool. ........................................... Well it does say ramblings.
smile.png

Here is a happy, my mom and I are crazy story. We bought out the chicks in TSC that no one wanted to take. She brought home 5 boxes of chicks. I think we are at 50 something now. I dont know why no one wanted them. They are so cute.

I have some in the "what breed or gender" section. My moms b/f took the digi camera so he can take pics when they go to S.C. I will try to use the older digi camera. It's ok on taking pics. They dont come out that well.

I agree many of these stories are too sad.
sad.png
No matter how important it is to know about sad stuff, I try to do fun stuff like RPing or read about happy chicks!
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom