Deressed chicken

Peppypap

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 16, 2010
Dallas TX
I have a black star hen who is a little under two years old, and she is acting depressed and isn't laying any eggs. She hasn't layed in over 160 days. And the last two or three days she has been standing in the corner of my back yard and not really moving much. She has also lost a lot of fluff on her butt, and I have four other hens, a bantam rooster, and one of my hens has a month and a half old chick.

Last edited:
Am I reading this right... she hasn't layed in 160 days... My first thought egg bound... second heat.... or could she be hiding her eggs????

It might be the heat... She stopped laying last summer but she didnt act any differantly from normal. She hasn't layed for a really long time, and up until two days ago she was acting fine, but every few days she would sit in the nest box for an hour or two. One of my other hens is also not laying but sitting in the nest box every few days, but is still acting fine and has damaged feathers.

Oh, and sorry about the typos. I am typing on and IPhone with auto correct. Really annoying sometimes.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom