Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Pics
What a funny chicken!
lol.png
Never knew a chicken could have such a long attention span! Wonderful pictures aslo! Thank you for sharing!

Great Stories and photos. So glad I found this thread. I just read this fantastic book "The Unbearable Sadness of Lemoncake" It was incredible, the main character could taste the emotions of the chef in the food they prepared. But her brother, hang with me here, turned himself into objects. Really, it was a great book...
smile.png
Anyway, long way of saying that I would love a print, postcard, whatever of Derp morphing into the loaf of bread. Probably a postcard. I could frame it and put it on the wall. LOVE IT! Food lady, you are an awesome artist and writer!

ps Wanted to add that Derp and my DH have a lot in common. They both like to gaze at grills and (in the case of my husband only occassionally) preen them. Too cute.

Last edited:
I stumbled across this thread and have become totally addicted. It's the first thing I go to as soon as my computer is open every morning. If I get an alert that there's a new post - no matter what is happening or who is in the office - I HAVE to see if it's new picts and stories.

Nambroth, have you ever thought about doing a 'coffee table' type picture book with your beautiful photos and the charming story of Derp? There was one out many years ago called "The Silent Miaow, a manual for kittens, strays and homeless cats" that told the adventures of a kitten that decided to addopt a couple of people. It was utterly charming. Everytime I bought a new copy, someone asked to borrow it and loved it so much that they kept it.

Please keep the Derp stories coming. We all love her!

Last edited:
hello

we have a warren called ruby, and my mum is reminded of DERP everytime she looks at ruby,

ruby has only one waddle, the other does not seem to grow, her neck looks alittle kincked and at the moment her beak is wonky as we have only just got her and the previous people clipped her beak
sad.png

she loves to sit up higher than everyone else and watch them all day and squark when she need to blink as if telling people to wait so she doesnt missanything !

when bath time comes around they all go over for a dust bath and ruby watches rarther than have her own and focuseson thedirt fluying around
when it comes to treat time everyone rushes over for them but ruby runs to the outside cushions and pecks the shiny zips instead
smile.png

such a lovely chicken
love.gif

Derp is an amazing chicken and has grow in a loving home xxxxx

I love the Derp stories and pictures and got my first shirt! Thanks so much for sharing her stories. I've tried but can't really explain her appeal to other "non-chicken" people, but then we knew that...

I get my chickens based on egg color. I have blue, olive, brown, and chocolate eggs. What color do SF's lay? I might have to get me one!

Back
Top Bottom