1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nambroth, Aug 27, 2011.

1. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:Don't worry, they'll be back [​IMG]

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:Don't worry, they'll be back [​IMG]

fud lady? [​IMG]

3. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    I'm here...

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    so am I

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Where's the fud lady? [​IMG]

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    And where oh where is Derp?!? [​IMG]

7. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Now now, we have to wait for Derp to have more adventures. The poor Fud Lady must wait patiently for Derp to do her Derpy things. It's hard work being the Fud Lady.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm sure her lady is very busy, she is an artist among other things. Derp is probably staring at the remnants of Halloween before she discovers Thanksgiving and Xmas.

9. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Quote:So it is!!

Derp is doing well, and doing Derp things. I haven't been able to get many photos but I will post them when I do, no worries! I'm sure we will see Derp in her first snow before too long...

Friday, the weather was nice enough for me to do some work on the ATV, and look who came to help! Or... made herself comfortable... (this photo isn't staged)
    I snapped this with my phone, so it's not a very good photo. I hope it will tide the Derp Fans until I get some good ones!!

[​IMG]

10. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Quote:Both of my faverolles haven't started laying yet-- I understand that they are slower to mature. They are 6 months old on the 9th of this month!
    I've read that the faverolles egg is typically a very light tan, beige color. Not quite white but light. Here's a photo from the "Breeds" list, at the very tippy top of the page if you scroll up, you can find what egg color most popular breeds lay:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/images/faverolles/faverolles-7443-715584.jpg

That said, I bet if Derp ever lays an egg, it will be paisley teal and purple...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by