Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Froggie, my doctor told me he just knew that somebody was out there looking for me. In all seriousness(I'm paranoid) I said "The police." He really cracked up over that. I didn't think it was funny.

So it might not be until November/December that you will really know you have any princes in those cochin chicks ? Have all three survived the home vaccinations okay ?

The update on all of Derp's friends having bumblefoot made me realize that I hadn't checked on my chickens for bumblefoot in a while. So I did last night.
3 of my 5 chickens have bumble foot on both feet. I don't have the tools or guts for bumblefoot surgery either.
Oh dear.

So it might not be until November/December that you will really know you have any princes in those cochin chicks ? Have all three survived the home vaccinations okay ?

Maybe! Or maybe they will reveal themselves sooner. It's hard to say! Sometimes cochins keep folks guessing for a while. Did you know Trousers was a full 6 months old before he started to crow?
All three are doing very well the last time their owner wrote to me! She is skilled at handing vaccines as she has worked with vets before. :)
I am also happy that they are being raised by a broody, as it seems chicks develop stronger immune systems this way.

The update on all of Derp's friends having bumblefoot made me realize that I hadn't checked on my chickens for bumblefoot in a while. So I did last night.
3 of my 5 chickens have bumble foot on both feet. I don't have the tools or guts for bumblefoot surgery either.
Oh dear.

Oh dear! How bad are the bumbles... any redness, swelling, pinkness, hard kernels inside? Maybe you can treat it the way I did? With soaks, and only digging out the ones that have a considerable infection?

Back
Top Bottom