Des Plaines IL

Tom P

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
I would be interested in starting a petition. If you know of anyone that lives in Des Plaines please contact me thru PM.

Thanks!

Tom P

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
I spoke to my alderman and it seems that he would be interested in presenting my case to the city council.

I was wondering if anyone had information prepared when they presented their case to the city?

Any research? Facts? Studies? That I could share to show they chickens are harmless pets?

Most of the data I found was dated and I was looking for something more recent.

Tom P

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
I complied a list of Chicago & Suburbs that allow back yard chickens. Let me know if any information needs updating:

Cities that allow backyard chickens
  1. Chicago – No limit, no permit required
  2. Downers Grove – 4 mature hens, no roosters, setback requirement on coop, no permit
  3. Lombard – no limit, no roosters, no permit, setback limit on coop
  4. Naperville - no limit, no roosters, no permit, setback requirement on coop
  5. Oak Park – 2 hen limit, roosters allowed, no permit, coop restrictions
  6. Saint Charles – No limit, no roosters, no permit, permit required to build coop
  7. Westmont – No roosters, no permit needed, setback on coop
  8. Evanston – no less than 2 no more than 6 hens, register with Illinois Dept of Agriculture, license needed
  9. La Grange – permit needed, 4 hens (passed 10/16/14)
  10. Elgin - 4 hens , no roosters, coop setback
  11. Grayslake – 6 hens, no roosters, coop size limit, need to register hens with Illinois Dept of Agriculture
  12. Barrington
  13. Western Springs – 4 hen max, no roosters, coop built to code
  14. Deerfield – 4 hen max, no roosters, coop 10 feet from property line
  15. Brookfield – 3 hen max, no roosters, no composting of manure
  16. Northbrook
  17. Batavia – 8 hens, no roosters, application needed

Nadawi

In the Brooder
Dec 23, 2015
Good morning,
I'm interested and would like to work with you. there are few Des plaines residents on Face book who are interested too.

Tender

Hatching
Apr 6, 2016
Interested as well. I have joined cluck and it seams to have lost interest. Lets get this moving forward.

Nadawi

In the Brooder
Dec 23, 2015
Hi,

I'm in and ready to help out any way I can. I don't see any activity on facebook group, how can we start this process?

Nadawi

In the Brooder
Dec 23, 2015
Now it's the time to send emails to the city of Des Plaines mayor and to your alderman requesting her/him to help passing an ordinance allowing backyard chickens in Des Plaines. I will keep you posted to when the meeting is scheduled so we all can attend.

Top Bottom