DESIGNER EGG CHAIN

That's what I did though?

Hmm... Not sure where your confused at so let's a try this...
Below is the last " offer" . Someone must "claim" THESE eggs before offering some of their own...

Ok well....mine. You've been stuck long enough.

I have:

6+ black, self blue and splits batam Cochin eggs.

6+ large fowl mix eggs. Roos include lf jersey giants, lf buff orps, lf barred rock, b buff brahma, b sebright mix, b choc orp, lf splash maran. Hens include jersey giants, barred rocks, lf buff brahma, lf blrw, Easter egger, golden comets, b sebright mixes

6+ Easter eggers. All blue/green egg layer stock. Blue wheaten roo over wheaten and blue wheaten hens.

So if you like these say "mine "
THEN
post about your eggs.

You can't jump ahaid of someone's offer with yours. If you don't want to claim anyone's eggs then You should be putting your eggs up on an auction page.

Hopes this helps!

Marking my place, if I claim eggs, I will have to find a good divorce lawer. I have a hen outside sitting on eggs and I could only justify that by saying that I was "testing fertility on my silkies" (But boy are they fertile, not to mention the am eggs I threw in under her for good measure
tongue.png
).

I am withdrawing my claim as its been almost a month and I have not heard from liliesandchicks in regards to my claim. I still haven't received a previous swap that I claimed from another and do not wish to be out 2 sets of eggs

That seems to be happening a lot lately. I think a lot of us are in chicken raising mode, not swapping. The swaps seem to do so much better in the winter/early spring. Should we try to resurrect this swap, or should we just let it die and start up again when we all have those long, cold winter nights to spend on BYC?

Resurrecting this swap would mean that someone new would have to start it since the thread starter hasn't been on BYC since January. I am deficient in most purebred eggs. I have one offer up for eggs on another swap and I can't offer on any other swap because that puts me at risk for not having fresh enough eggs if someone claims the other offer I have up.

What do you guys want to do?

I can start it if you want ,I have several breeds of pure eggs I can offer.

Let me know if y'all want to keep it going or stop. If you want to keep it going I can do SBELS 2 nd generation OR silkies not separated by variety possible showgirl. .Iowa blue/ am crosses,or blue maran pen. All fertil,hatching well here. If you want to keep going let me know I can put up a more "real" offer

That seems to be happening a lot lately. I think a lot of us are in chicken raising mode, not swapping. The swaps seem to do so much better in the winter/early spring. Should we try to resurrect this swap, or should we just let it die and start up again when we all have those long, cold winter nights to spend on BYC?

Resurrecting this swap would mean that someone new would have to start it since the thread starter hasn't been on BYC since January. I am deficient in most purebred eggs. I have one offer up for eggs on another swap and I can't offer on any other swap because that puts me at risk for not having fresh enough eggs if someone claims the other offer I have up.

What do you guys want to do?
The person who starts doesn't necessarily have to have pure bred eggs. There are usually several people who are willing to start it off. I don't know if this is what we already do, but if a new thread is started can the offer expire after 24 hours, and the person who made it either make a different offer or wait 48 hours before re-posting the original offer?

Last edited:
I'll be interested in swapping next spring.. by then I should have some interesting projects going.. from unusual colored yokohamas, silkied feathered birds as well as several meat bird projects if all goes well!
working on "heritage delaware project from scratch" birds.. as well as a mixed color turken project ... may have some dorking crosses available by then too... plus i'm still working out the bugs on my "lavender colored egg birds".. lol

if a new thread is started will the link be posted here?

I hope you can iron out the problems.....

I would love to see some large breed pure breds offered.....

And why were people posting flowers and seeds? Did I miss something in yhe rules?

I think the time limit is a good idea. Maybe 48 hours would work.

I hope you can iron out the problems.....

I would love to see some large breed pure breds offered.....

And why were people posting flowers and seeds? Did I miss something in yhe rules?

I think the time limit is a good idea. Maybe 48 hours would work.

Most of what I have are purebred large fowl (mostly Heritage birds)... so by spring I should be able to help out there... Dorkings, Bresse, English Orpingtons, Euskal Oiloa, German New Hampshire, Araucana, Heritage Rhode Island Red, Heritage Barred Rocks.. several colors of Marans, Yokohamas (even though they are "smaller" than the biggest guys)..and eggs enroute (Turkens, more Bresse, Coronation Sussex) and in the bator for more breeds... who did I forget?........ I have some colored project birds too ... purebred just not SOP

Hoping to have Jubilee Orpingtons by spring.. but the luck I have had so far with dishonest sellers on eBay has put a damper on the eggs (chicks that hatched are in no way Jubilee orps.. )

edited to add..
turkeys and coturnix quail too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom