DESIGNER EGG CHAIN

Just leave it open. I think the problem is that a lot of birds are molting right now, which equals no eggs. My barred rocks are the only thing laying right now, but they aren't with a BR boy, I have moved them to a layer house and that has a Wheaten Marans and a Silkied AM rooster. My d'Uccles are not laying and definitely not laying.

Just leave it open. I think the problem is that a lot of birds are molting right now, which equals no eggs. My barred rocks are the only thing laying right now, but they aren't with a BR boy, I have moved them to a layer house and that has a Wheaten Marans and a Silkied AM rooster. My d'Uccles are not laying and definitely not laying. 
I hope to participate soon. I don't mind a slow thread as long as the communication is good! I am in the process of growing out and fertility testing.... But love some of these projects going on.

most of mine are done with molting and now are on strike (still) because of all the rain.. they aren't used to the mud.. plus I think the shorter days aren't helping things...
a few still look like they had a close encounter with the plucker... so I figure by spring I should have everyone back into production along with the youngest birds and have everything fertility tested... I just don't feel comfortable sending out any eggs until I know egg production plus fertility are where it needs to be in order to ensure lots of good eggs... since the USPS can play heck with them it's better for me to know I have everything going good on my end

btw.. we also have giant pekin ducks, cayugas, muscovys, a few ancona ducks, embden geese, sebastopols and a couple odd geese (toulouse and "paint").. plus emu...
gig.gif

I've got a new pair of muscovy ducks that should mature this spring. I got a blue male and a fawn female (I hope for once that they're the gender they're supposed to be), and I'm thinking about getting 1-3 more females, so if everything goes as planned and their eggs test out ok then I'll start offering small batches come spring.
It's kinda sad, of all my chooks and ducks the only purebreds are my silkie trio and the muscovies.
tongue.png

Last edited:
I've got a new pair of muscovy ducks that should mature this spring. I got a blue male and a fawn female (I hope for once that they're the gender they're supposed to be), and I'm thinking about getting 1-3 more females, so if everything goes as planned and their eggs test out ok then I'll start offering small batches come spring.
It's kinda sad, of all my chooks and ducks the only purebreds are my silkie trio and the muscovies.
tongue.png

Looking forward to seeing those eggs come up..

lol. so where in "middle earth" do you live?...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom