Desmond Redmon Venedocia, OH

desredmon

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, this is our first year to have chickens, I have in the past raised fox, dogs, and many moons ago rabbits. Complete novice and most of those around me either have unhealthy flocks or are raising poultry commercially.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we are blessed to have 10 chickens, we also have 7 ducks, and 15 turkeys.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff orpington and two I think are also buff orpingtons but I am not a good judge.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Playing with my girls, enjoying the eggs, and experimenting with pasturing.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Manual woodworking, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, developing our homestead

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a machinist by trade, but live on a 20 acre homestead that has been in my wife's family since about 1856, we have two sons 22 and 7. Two dogs Bupp who's a 14 year old lab/russel mix and Maxwell a 10 year old mix who's best friend is my fox Ubie.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

As I have tried to navigate my way though raising both my chickens and my turkeys BYC keeps coming up with great answers from your community. When I went to form an actual question I looked to see if you had a forum and here we are!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, this is our first year to have chickens, I have in the past raised fox, dogs, and many moons ago rabbits. Complete novice and most of those around me either have unhealthy flocks or are raising poultry commercially.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we are blessed to have 10 chickens, we also have 7 ducks, and 15 turkeys.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff orpington and two I think are also buff orpingtons but I am not a good judge.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Playing with my girls, enjoying the eggs, and experimenting with pasturing.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Manual woodworking, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, developing our homestead

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a machinist by trade, but live on a 20 acre homestead that has been in my wife's family since about 1856, we have two sons 22 and 7. Two dogs Bupp who's a 14 year old lab/russel mix and Maxwell a 10 year old mix who's best friend is my fox Ubie.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
As I have tried to navigate my way though raising both my chickens and my turkeys BYC keeps coming up with great answers from your community. When I went to form an actual question I looked to see if you had a forum and here we are!

:welcome

Look no more. You've found the greatest Bird Site!
FarmerConnieSearchBYCwelcom.gif
FARMER-CONNIE-welcome-faste.gif

Back
Top Bottom