Desperately looking for a home for my babies in MI!!

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
I was planning to take my 3 beautiful babies to the Hess-Hathaway park to live next Wed. However, when I went to go look around today to see where they would live, I found a big pile of feathers on the ground, I asked the worker what happened and she casually said, Oh an Owl got a Pekin last night. I said OMG, does it happen often, she said oh 2-3 times a month, but that's just the owls, the coons take out just as many! I can't do it. I can't bring my babies there! I have to find them a home next week! I thought I was all set on a place for them, to be around children and others like them, but I can't take them there! I can't do it! Now I'm in a panic!

I need a home for my babies! They are great around people, sleep at your feet, hand feed and they come when you call them.

I can't keep them and we are going out of town next Thursday. Any wildlife centers/petting farms that anyone can recommend in the White Lake, HIghland, MIlford, Holly area?

Hopefully someone can help you. Dumping animals of any breed even in apparent 'good' environments is NEVER a good idea.

I wasn't going to dump them. I have this planned out with the 2 farm coordinators. They are still welcome to come! But the site of where the one was killed last night made me cry! It's a beautiful place, but the birds have no where to go at night. They just keep them outside.

Amanda39 - can you please list the specifics of your babies? I am in north Oakland county and my neighbor, a responsible poultry enthusiast, on 7 acres might be interested but I need the details to ask him.

Back
Top Bottom