Desperately wanting chickens!

LetMeHaveChicks

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
Hi! I'm Christa, mother of two young, beautiful girls (3 1/2 and 9 months) and wife to a police officer. I am a stay at home mom. At this point my city in CO doesn't allow backyard chickens.

If anyone out there knows how to approach a city council and get chickens legalized PLEASE LET ME KNOW! That's my project right now, besides gardening for the first time in my life. I found this group as I was searching ways to get backyard chickens legalized so thought I'd join now and start learning everything I can.

We also have 3 dogs, 1 cat and some fish. We love animals and I'd love to add chickens to that list. I can't have my own eggs right now, but at least I have a source of pasture raised organic eggs to buy until I'm able to have my own!

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts from people who already raise chickens. I figure by the time I'm allowed to have them, I'll be ready to go!

Thanks!
Christa

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Have you looked the Law & Ordinances section? You'll get lots of great tips and support there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Best of luck to you and fingers crossed you will succeed!

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico!

Yes, definitely check out the threads in the ordinances section of the forums. Good luck and I hope you eventually bring chickens into your life.

Back
Top Bottom