Desperation has set in. PLEASE HELP MY DUCK.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LunasPoultry, May 7, 2016.

1. LunasPoultry

LunasPoultry Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2016
    I have a two month old Pekin with a neck injury. I noticed it a week ago and it's gotten slightly worse. No puncture wounds or breaks. She holds her head close to her body/will not stretch it out to eat or drink or preen. I think it's a sprain. I finally brought her inside so she can stop moving around so much, which i think worsened it. She's clearly in pain and i have no idea how to fix a sprained neck. I've been feeding her a "smoothie" via syringe for the past week since she refuses to eat. I will take any advice, especially from those who have dealt with this sort of thing. Her name is honey and she's my baby <3 The only avian vet is two hours away and i really can't take time to drive that far : ( especially for them to just tell me to put her down or to do what i'm already doing. Culling her is not an option, so i need to find a way to heal her neck. Do you think this sort of thing is fatal? Much love to anyone who can help.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    @LunasPoultry - I responded over on the Duck Forum. If I have any more ideas, I will post there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by